Yepp is the social betting platform: you can challenge your friends to bet on football events (single matches or championships) on various prizes: fame, beers, crazy haircuts or even money.
Yepp has been around since 2010 as a web platform (yepp.ro and later yepp.com). Yepp is a social betting platform that allows users
to challenge their friends on different prizes like fame, beers, crazy haircuts or even money.
In 2018 Yepp switched completely to mobile, taking full advantage of the mobile platforms: Android and iOS. The Yepp app makes it really easy for their users to challenge their friends, place bets and check out results on the go.
- iOS and Android apps with a playful design
- Football matches data automatically pulled from
a football API for European and international championships
- User prediction score automatically calculated at
the end of each match
- Application and infrastructure should work for
tens of thousands of users that create challenges with hundreds of matches
- Apps need to look the same on iOS and Android
- The design should be easy to use
- Integration with the football API
- Scalability: ability to create challenges with thousands of users that contain hundreds of matches
Project Manager @ YEPP
Managing the collaboration with AB4 Systems is really easy. They are proactive, professional and deliver on their work in a timely manner. Throughout my career as a project manager I have worked with a lot of companies and I can say that AB4 Systems is one of the best!
Partner @ YEPP
What I like most about AB4 team is that they got involved in the development of the product, not just writing lines of code.
3.5 Billion Football Fans Worldwide
I won, you buy the next beer!
Matches are more fun to watch with friends. The experience of looking at matches is enhanced by the ability to make friendly bets: who leads at half-time, who leads at full-time, what is the exact score, who scores at least one goal
How We Did It
The Yepp software system is elegant and fast. We built the following software components:
- Mobile apps implemented using React Native technology, the best solution for hybrid mobile development.
- Backend based on Parse Server, one of the most popular back-end as a service solutions available, implemented on top of Heroku for easy scalability
- Cost-effective implementation – with React Native, you write almost the same code for iOS and Android. Parse Server is a BaaS solution perfect for mobile apps, accelerating development time.
- Easy maintenance – because with React Native you write the same code for iOS and Android, you have to maintain less code.
- React Native – Yepp joins big apps worldwide that use the same technology for their mobile apps: Facebook, Instagram, Airbnb, Bloomberg, Uber Eats, etc.
- Almost instant scalability – Parse Server on top of Heroku allows to scale up/scale down the infrastructure when needed.
- Flexible development – with React Native, you can always implement components natively for iOS and/or Android.
Lots of leaguesYepp has the most important football leagues and international championships.
Friendly betsChallenge your friends for fame, beers or even money.
Manage your friends with groups
Create a group with your friends from work, a group with your friends from high-school. Manage the groups easily in Yepp.
Bet on matches or championships
In Yepp you can bet on a single match or on a series of matches (called championships). Your call.
The Tech We’ve Used
Development of the app started
June – July 2018
An early version of the Yepp app was used for a closed alpha testing during the FIFA World Cup Championship (that took place in Russia)
A closed beta version is launched with a couple of hundred of users
The official launch on the App Store and Google Play of Yepp 1.0
The official launch of Yepp 1.1 on App Store and Google Play
The application is updated with features regarding information about favorite teams and leagues
More to come
Want to get even deeper insights on Yepp? Type in your email
below and we’ll send it over to you.
See more of our work
EIR – Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young has developed a methodology that gathers the required data from the bank and produces the monthly EIR reports (at the portfolio level and at the individual level).
Bringing the most important nutrients at your fingertips, Nutrient IQ app is the core of Dr. Fuhrman’s decades of research. It helps you improve your health by discovering the most nutrient-rich foods.
VRTW helps their community members stay in touch via the mobile apps and radio stream available 24/7. Users can also stream the music service to their smart TVs, smart speakers or voice assistants.